Greven, 15th January 2017. Following a successful two-year restructuring and optimisation period, the Westphalian logistics company Fiege retransferred the entire delivery enterprise for printed media to the Parzeller GmbH & Co. KG publishing house. In 2016, Fiege had assumed a 51 % shareholding in the publisher’s logistics subsidiary via its proprietary subsidiary, Fiege Last Mile GmbH, retrospectively as from 1st January. The remaining 49 % in the resulting joint venture, Fiege Parzeller Logistik GmbH, were held by the publisher, Verlag Parzeller GmbH & Co. KG.
Fiege has been running logistics for media and mail for more than 25 years, partnering with numerous renowned publishing houses in Germany and in Europe in fields such as media distribution under a variety of contract arrangements: from acquisition, to genuine distribution services, to running 4PL joint ventures. The joint venture with Verlag Parzeller in which Fiege held the majority control, handled distribution operations for the publishing house and optimised these across all levels, especially for delivery, using existing synergy potential.
“Those were two hard years with a long list of actions taken in all areas of logistics. Standardisation, improved quality, transparency and cost discipline could be attained”, explains Michael Schmitt, managing director Verlag Parzeller GmbH & Co. KG.
“The result of this intensive input is very gratifying”, acknowledges Kathrin Hinz, managing director of Fiege Last Mile GmbH. “Even if both parties to the agreement terminate the collaboration in good spirit after two years at the end of 2017, the footing for the successful development of subscription performance delivery, the distribution of magazines as well as postal services has been created.” Against this background the two shareholders agreed to the retransfer of the shares held by Fiege as per 31st December 2017.