Information regarding the current situation and support
The ongoing wellbeing of our employees and public, customers and business partners is of the utmost importance to us. The Swiss Council has declared that an “extraordinary situation” exists and defined the extensive measures to be taken.
The most important points for logistics in brief:
- Non-food shops, restaurants, bars, entertainment and leisure establishments as well as schools and nurseries will remain closed until at least 19 April 2020.
- Entry into Switzerland for people that have to travel to Switzerland for professional reasons is permitted.
- According to current information, goods traffic is still permitted. In addition, transit traffic is also still permitted until further notice.
We are working extremely hard to ensure that operative business continues to run smoothly during these challenging times to ensure our continued ability to deliver to you.
We are fully aware that also your company is affected by the current situation. We consider the following information to be of particular importance and the measures we are taking are listed below:
- Our customs offices within Switzerland (ZE) and our offices on the border will remain open.
- Please clarify with your consignees prior to dispatch whether they are able to accept the goods. Alternatively, we can do this for you on your behalf.
- If we can support you in the current situation with urgent consignments or other logistical challenges, please speak to your contact partner at FIEGE, in order that we may find a suitable solution for you.
- If you temporarily have urgent storage needs (from 500 pallets), please contact us. We can offer solutions and storage space for consumer goods, fashion, pharma & healthcare, chemicals (hazardous substances) and industry.
- All of our drivers are bound to respect social distancing rules, are trained in hygiene measures and carry disinfectants. If further specific protective equipment is required, please make these available to our drivers. We will be happy to follow your instructions.
- We kindly ask you to inform us proactively of any foreseeable or last-minute changes in volume as quickly as possible in order to enable us to better provide the support you need.
Our crisis committee has been following from the outset the spread of the virus and is strictly adhering to measures put in place by the Swiss authorities. We are doing everything we can to ensure business continuity and protect the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We thank you for your trust and keep safe!
With this in mind: #wekeepitrunning
Fiege Logistics (Switzerland) Ltd