Knowing today what will happen tomorrow. This topic is also covered by our joint venture, Westphalia DataLab and allows all companies, regardless of their size and industry, to partake in the data value chain by using artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies. They help with transforming traditional business models using data controlling within the FIEGE group of companies, but also other clients.
As a Data Scientist, your focus lies on analysing large volumes of data from a number of different sources in order to uncover hidden correlations within client business processes. By applying innovative statistical methods, you actively advance the product development and partake in client projects, thereby immediately adding value to the different sectors.
See for yourself whether you could envisage your professional career as a Data Scientist at Westphalia DataLab.
Your tasks could include the following:
- preparation and analysis of structured and non-structured data
- development of new algorithms and application of state-of-the-art processes within Data Analytics and visualisation of analytics findings
- close collaboration with specialist departments in order to transfer, document and validate data measuring and data systems into central data platforms
What you offer:
- academic degree with quantitative concentration (computer science, business informatics, mathematics, statistics, physics or related courses) or a comparable education
- marked knowledge and solid practical experience within Data Analytics (especially Data Preparation, Predictive Modelling, Machine Learning)
- excellent knowledge of R or Python and data base languages (e.g. SQL), ideally experience with additional technologies (e.g. Spark, Scala)
- the ability to work in a team and assume leadership on occasion, either in German or in English
- very distinctively defined analytical mind, curiosity, and a quick grasp
- the ability to bridge business and IT, to visualise results effectively and pass these to others